- 190g self raising flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 125g butter
- 60ml milk
- Chopped pecan nuts
- Greased the loaf tin.
- Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well.
- Add the egg, mix well.
- Stir in the flour and the milk.
- Pour into the prepared tin, sprinkle with a tablespoon of sugar or pecan nuts to give a crunch topping. Pecan will give a more subtle sweet taste.
- Bake at 150 C fan oven for 20 minutes; or until a knife comes out clean when pierce through.
- Slice and pour custard on it, or just simply leave to cool and enjoy it as a snack or pudding.